Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Alchemists



I found this movie trailer on Room 116, it’s for a movie called The Alchemists, a documentary on some of the most influential advertisers of our day. This will a significant film, no matter how it actually turns out because there has never been a film created for the public that accurately gets into the details of the creative process of advertising. I believe it will do two positive things. First, it will educate the public on what we really do. Hopefully I’ll get to do less explaining to my friends and family. It’s kind of like pulling the curtain back and revealing the Wizard of Oz. Second, There is a chance that the film might portray our job as something “decent” to the public. It would please me to see the public realize that we aren’t evil people with a plot to corrupt the world. Of course, there’s a chance that the film may actually reinforce this mindset. I guess we will see.

• Watch the Trailer

No comments: